Monday, December 5, 2011

Screw it. It's FREE

Allow me to explain.

When I decided to put The Villainous Dr. Sock online, it was under the impression that I would magically start making tons of money, and that people would buy the crap out of it.

That, needless to say, hasn't happened.

And why? Obvious reason - I haven't proven myself as an author. Less obvious reason - people online don't like to pay for things. Even less obvious reason - it's a little difficult to find.

I would still like to make some money off Dr. Sock. Becoming a full-time writer would be awesome. That said, the thought that nobody's reading this poor little book that I'm so proud of saddens me. So what I'll do, once the book's out of the online stores, is put all the chapters on here for anybody to read, and add a donations option for anybody who feels I'm good enough to be paid.

And the rest of you? Well, you'll get Dr. Sock love either way. I hope you all enjoy the story - I may not be the best critic of my own work, but I think it's pretty good.

Enough talk. Go download The Villainous Dr. Sock for FREE at Smashwords.com right now. I believe all you have to do is sign up. And once you have, and once you've fallen in love with this marvelous ebook, please, spread the news to others.

Oh yes, and I think I'll overhaul the blog in the next couple weeks. I know more about design-y stuff than I did when I put it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment